OnSIP, owned by Junction Networks was founded in 2004. Headquartered in New York City, New York, the company delivers VoIP communications services with superior telephony technologies to more than twenty thousand small, medium and large businesses.
OnSIP was created on the idea that the future of business communications would heavily rely on IP technologies. The company is operated by internet veterans known for building Interport Communications, one of the largest Internet Service Providers in New York City, before it was purchased by RCN in the late 1990s.
- Personal attendant
- Voice mail
- Busy lamp field
- HD Conference Suite
- Unlimited cal park
- Dial by name directory
- Inbound bridge
- External phone numbers
- Voice mail to email
- Business hours routing
- Music on hold
- 911 emergency calling
- Free on-network calling
- Personal ring strategy
- Call management
Extra features you can add include:
- InstaCall (Beta) – allows website visitors to call your organization with the click of a button – no dialing and completely free.
- Highrise Integration – a click-to-call plugin that automatically logs calls to and from your Highrise contacts. Click on any phone number or SIP address displayed in your web browser to initiate a call, and if you are a Highrise user, the call will automatically be tracked in your Highrise account.
- Zendesk Integration – automatically generates and assigns a Zendesk ticket to the agent who answers an inbound call. The ticket contains relevant information such as caller ID, timestamp, etc.
- Free SIP Domain Hosting – your SIP address is like an email address at which callers can reach you for free via SIP. Take your domain branding (www.YourCompany.com) one step further by making your SIP address match your email address, e.g. You@YourCompany.com.
- Simul-ring Phones – OnSIP allows you to have 10 phones ring simultaneously when your extension is called.
- Crystal Clear Calls and Conferencing
- Web 2.0 Admin Controls – admin users can completely customize their phone systems.
- Find Me Anywhere
- Outlook Integration
- Video conferencing
- Unified Communications
- OnSIP is Mobile – use it on any mobile device
- OnSIP Call Assistant – all numbers will turn into links, when you click, your phone will ring to connect the call with the number. You can also click to call coworkers in the my.OnSIP interface.
OnSIP has an extensive knowledge base and FAQ section, as well as a blog and getting started guides. You can also call the company toll free or send an email.
Plans and Pricing
OnSIP offers a 30 day free trial. Simply enter your details and select your plan. You don’t have to provide a credit card number. The trial doesn’t include calling traditional phone numbers. You can upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time.
Pay as You Go Plan
- $0 per person per month, however you have to buy at least $49.95 worth of features
- Standard outbound calls – 2.9 ¢/min
- Inbound calls – 2.9 ¢/min (phone number purchase required)
- 5 voice mail and voice mail to email – additional boxes for $2 each
- 3 auto attendants – additional attendants for $4.95
- 3 ring groups – additional for $14.95
- 1 dial by name directory – additional for $9.95
- 1 announcement – additional for $4.95
- 5 music on hold channels – additional for $4.95, enhanced for $19.95
- mobile extensions
- video calling
- Outlook and browser plugins
- web apps
- business hours routing
- unlimited extensions
- advanced call handling
- conference suites $5 each when bought in packs of 10
Per Seat Metered Plan
- $8.95 per person per month
- includes one of each basic feature per seat
- 5 person minimum
- additional features can be added for additional fees
Custom pricing is available for companies with more than 500 employees.
Ease of Use
The system is super easy to setup. Once you sign up, you simply select the options you want, and you are ready to configure your system and make calls. OnSIP doesn’t sell or provide the phones, but they provide a list of the phones that work best with the system.
OnSIP is a business phone service that offers better features, more flexibility, and a better price than a traditional phone system. The admin portal helps you get started instantly and control everything from your browser. You can add phones, make conference calls, set up auto-attendants and more in just a few seconds.
There really isn’t anything bad to say about this company.
With a thirty day, no obligation free trial and no contracts, you have nothing to lose by giving this company a try. With more than 20,000 satisfied customers, you know they are doing something right. OnSIP is already a big player in the VoIP industry, and is only destined to grow bigger.